Re: Default geometry of gnome-terminal

CB <fedoralist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Thanks -- that works for clicking on the menu item or launcher. But I
> more often start apps by hitting Alt-F2 to use the 'Run Application'
> dialogue. There surely must be somewhere where I can set a true default
> for gnome-terminal, which will take effect whatever means I use to
> launch the app, and not rely just on command-line options?

This isn't directly what you are asking for, but it solves your
problem a little different way.

A program called `xbindkeys' is available online in rpm format (google
for it).  It allows you to easily bind keyboard combinations to run
applications.

For example you could set `C + g' to start gnome-terminal.

In xkeybinds rc file (~/.xbindkeysrc) you'd set the command line
parameters you like.  Then pressing C-g  will start an gnome-term with
those parameters.

I use key combos for nearly everything I normally open or start.  Very
fast and handy.

One thing you must do is run the command `xbindkeys' whenever you
enter X desktop.  There are many ways to do that.  I use kde but I
think gnome has an autostart feature too where you can list things you
want done when opening your desktop.  There you would list `xbindkeys'.