FC2, stk16 kernel, nvidia and "no job control"

Hi,

I'm using FC2 and several apt reprositories on my dell inspiron 8600 laptop.
The laptop has an nvidia card and I'm using the 4363 binary nvidia driver
with a 2.6 kernel patch because the is the only driver that works 100% on
my laptop.

To be able to use the 4363 kernel I have to use a kernel with at least 8k
stack. Linuxant has one avaliable that has 16k stack. This works perfectly,
but after the machine has been up for a few days, I get

Warning: no access to tty (Bad file descriptor).
Thus no job control in this shell.

When trying to open a new shell. I suspect this is a problem with the 16k
stack. Can this be the case, or is might there be some other reason for
this?

If I want to build my own kernel with 8k stack, how do I do that using the
official fedora kernel source? I know how to build my own kernel, but what
I would like to know is: is the kernel source configured as the binary
kernel, or is there a file I can use to automatically configure the source
tree as to make it identical to the binary one?

Regards,
Ole Jacob
--
PGP key : <http://home.broadpark.no/~ojtarald/pgp.txt>