Re: Default geometry of gnome-terminal

Taylor, ForrestX wrote:

Edit /usr/share/applications/gnome-terminal.desktop and change the Exec line to something like this:

Exec=gnome-terminal --geometry 80x40

(80x24 is the default).  Once you change that, your can right-click on
the gnome-terminal menu item and choose Add this launcher to panel,
which will keep those settings.

Forrest

Thanks -- that works for clicking on the menu item or launcher. But I more often start apps by hitting Alt-F2 to use the 'Run Application' dialogue. There surely must be somewhere where I can set a true default for gnome-terminal, which will take effect whatever means I use to launch the app, and not rely just on command-line options?