Re: Problem playing DVD's

Bill Tetens wrote:
I got some advice about loading Totem to play movies with the DVD drive I just installed.

Using the instructions I inslalled lidvd* libMad* totem* using Yum from Dag and as far as I can tell the install went without a hitch.

I don't know if this will address the specific error that you are getting, but double-check the libdvd* libmad* above. There are errors, spelling and capitalization, in what you provided that would prevent Totem from working properly.

Here is the correct command you'll want:

# yum install libdvd* libmad* totem*

Hope this helps,
Clint

When I try to start the Totem movie player I get the followin error message. Any one got any help I hope so.

Error message:

Totem could not startup
Could not link video output thread (cs and balance}

If you have a solution give me a lot of details as I am still a beginner.

Thanks
Bill