Re: SCSI tape drive with Adaptec adapter...

On Fri, 2004-08-27 at 12:34, Gregory Gulik wrote:
> I first suspected the cable so I tried a couple SCSI cables.  I didn't
> think of trying to turn off parity on the drive.  I'll try that if I can
> figure out how to disable it in the BIOS.

Termination could be the problem too if you haven't checked it
carefully.  Newer systems put terminators on the ends of the
cables and the corresponding devices don't even have the
option so people tend to forget about the issue.  When you
dig out an old device you need to make sure it doesn't
have the terminator jumper set if you use a new terminated
cable or if you use an old cable you need to do something
to terminate the end or the last device. (Really old devices
had resistor packs instead of jumpers...).

---
  Les Mikesell
    les@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx