Re: SCSI tape drive with Adaptec adapter...

I first suspected the cable so I tried a couple SCSI cables. I didn't think of trying to turn off parity on the drive. I'll try that if I can figure out how to disable it in the BIOS.

Les Mikesell wrote:
It could really be an error.  Is the scsi cable terminated
correctly either on the cable or (only) the last device and
if one or the other of the internal or external cables is
unused the card should have it's terminator activated or
on 'auto'. Or, this might be one of those devices where
you have to disable parity in the card bios.

-- Greg Gulik http://www.gulik.org/greg/ greg @ gulik.org