Re: can't change screen resolution

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 15:30:16 +0200
 "Pietro R.A. Binetti" <binabin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I hope to correctly answer you: the detected hardware is the following

Video card:   Trident CyberBlade (generic)
Monitor Type: LCD Panel 1024x768

I can change the Monitor type from Display settings option panel, and if
I do that, the new values are remembred: I don't have to reconfigure
every time. i read the new values in the Display settings, but the don't
correspond to the truth. For instance, I am now reading 1024x768, but i
see the screen with 800x600 resolution.

Sometimes this problem is caused by lack of video memory. If your video card is "stealing" from main system memory and there isn't enough memory for the higher resolution you won't be able to use that resolution. You might try going into your BIOS setup and examining video memory use. Increase the amount of video memory in use and try again.