Re: route (is it forwarding packets?) (sorry if duplicate).

On Wed, 2004-08-25 at 11:03, Scot L. Harris wrote:
> I understand the concept, but have not heard of anyone, not even a
> rumor, that anyone has ever made use of such a service.  You are correct
> about wanting Internet access and having a router that doles out the
> DHCP is pretty much the default.
>
> If anyone has used this or even knows the brother of a friend who may
> have used it once let us know.  I personally think this one was dead
> before arrival.

I agree.  The internet works because responsibilities are delegated
in a precise, hierarchical manner and wouldn't have a chance if
every machine guessed at an address that might work.  And if anyone
is listening that might fix this, please also add a straightforward
way to control the source address used for outbound connections when
a machine is given multiple addresses on the same subnet for virtual
hosting.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx