Re: nvidia problems again....

Selon Phil Dybvig <fedora@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Bonjour Francois --
>
> >From: François Patte <Francois.Patte@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
> >I installed nvidia stuff according to the livna web page claiming that it is
> >better to use their rpm package than the "official" nvidia-installer from
> >nvidia site... So now the problems:
>
> Did you try the nvidia installer?  It worked fine for me.  I'm not sure why
> the
> packages compiled for someone else's configuration is supposed to  be better.

I have installed the driver from rpm, because I think that it is easier to
update the system using yum; in that case, when yum update the kernel I dare to
think that the modules for that new kernel are also updated at the same time
(That wasn't the case for kernel xxxx-2199-xxx

> For help, the linux discussion group at www.nvidia.com is a better place for
> answers
> than this list.  (That discussion group be accessed from the page for the
> drivers.)

Thank you for this hint, I'll post on it.

--
François Patte

Ecole française d'Extrême-Orient - Pune - Inde
Université René Descartes - Paris 5
UFR de mathématiques et informatique