Re: Reverse Question - FC2 Prints over network perfectly, Windows XP does not

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 10:17:28 -0600, you wrote:

[snip]

>Here is the setup:
>-Box1--
>Windows XP SP2 with latest Canon BJ200 driver - shared on network
>
>--Box2--
>Fedora Core2
>cups-1.1.20-11.1
>libgnomecups-0.1.6-7
>cups-libs-1.1.20-11.1
>Connected to BJ200 shared printer over network.

I have to wonder if your problems began after you installed WinXP SP2.
If so, this might be a new case of driver incompatibility with SP2
that needs to be reported to MS.

One possible work around....
Switch the printer to being local to the FC2 box instead XP?

If the option is not feasible....
On the Canon site, I see that the only driver available for that model
is listed as compatible only with DOS based OSes. Maybe changing the
Print Processor from WinPrint to WfxPrint, with the default data type
setting of RAW, might make a difference.

Dennis