Re: OT: Setting up a forwarding mail domain in DMZ without pinhole.

Peter Boy wrote:
> The SMTP does not support your model to use your "green" server to
> "pull" mail from the DMZ server. It is a "push" type communication
> model.

Actually, it's little used, but there is support in the protocol. The
TURN or ETRN command makes the "client" act as the "server", and vice
versa. So the "green" server would connect to the DMZ server on
port 25 (an outbound connection), issue ETRN, and then the DMZ would
push any mail it had queued to the "green" server.

Obviously, both servers have to support this. And no, I've never used
qmail, so I don't know if or how it would do this.

James.

--
E-mail address: james | "When I hear the history of some of the more ugly
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | European cities, with "... destroyed in 14xx, burnt in