Re: OT: Setting up a forwarding mail domain in DMZ without pinhole.

Am So, den 22.08.2004 schrieb Sanjay Arora um 08:26:
> I want the DMZ server to receive the mails from the internet, for the
> domains, it is set up as first MX and keep them in its queues. I want
> the Green server to periodically connect to the DMZ qmail server and get
> all mails from it...as the DMZ server cannot connect to it due to the
> iptables firewall.

The SMTP does not support your model to use your "green" server to
"pull" mail from the DMZ server. It is a "push" type communication
model.

So you have to use something like
- pop protocol to transfer the mail (e.g. fetchmail)
- nfs/ftp to periodically transfer the mailbox files
- use cron to peridically allow incoming smtp on the firewall
  and initiate a resend on the DMZ mailserver

Peter