Re: OT: Setting up a forwarding mail domain in DMZ without pinhole.

Am So, den 22.08.2004 schrieb Gene Delitzoy um 15:03:
> On Sun, 2004-08-22 at 03:58, Peter Boy wrote:
> > Am So, den 22.08.2004 schrieb Sanjay Arora um 08:26:
> > > I want the DMZ server to receive the mails from the internet, for the
> > > domains, it is set up as first MX and keep them in its queues. I want
> > > the Green server to periodically connect to the DMZ qmail server and get
> > > all mails from it...as the DMZ server cannot connect to it due to the
> > > iptables firewall.
> pretty easy to do this if not exactly the way you want, setup your dmz
> machine to answer for your domains(mx), then use transport maps to send
> all mail for those domains to your specified host. This is with postfix,
> postmap transport after your finished.

I don't think the postfix transport mechanism is a solution for Sanjay's
question. In your proposition the DMZ postfix has to initiate the
communication through the firewall which the firewall does not allow and
Sanjay is not willing to change it. Therefore the communication process
must be initiated by the green server.

Peter