Re: Windows Media players

Claude Jones wrote:

Aaron Gaudio wrote:

I was wondering if this is the best (if not only) Windows Media plugin that works with Mozilla?

Have you tried totem (or xine, which totem is based on)?

I just looked into Totem. It states that it's a media player for the Gnome desktop. Will it also work under KDE?

Mplayer should work just fine from an rpm install, but I don't remember if you have to install the codecs seperately or not. I don't think thats necessary with rpms, but it is with a source compile/install. Mplayer was my main media player, then I installed Xine and was impressed with it, so I use it as default now. I would recommend Xine for video and XMMS is a good music-jukebox type program. I keep Mplayer because it has mencoder for encoding DVDs to mpeg1/2 or mpeg4. Kplayer is a KDE media player based on mplayer, and it is comparible to XMMS as far as a music jukebox, but all of the above work for me under both gnome and KDE, so you can use them all if you want.