Re: up2date is still a nightmare

Am Mi, den 11.08.2004 schrieb William Hooper um 15:11:
> I suggest you either:
>
> 1) Use the appropriate mirrors file from the list (there are a whole
> bunch of them at http://fedora.redhat.com/download/up2date-mirrors/ ).

Thanks for the pointer. I was not aware of those mirror files.
Unfortunately each of the list files for European countries does contain
only one address. So it's not really a list of mirrors  :-). Would be
nice if someone could could at for each country all the corresponding
mirrors which are officially listet on the complete list.

> 2) Read the documentation and create a local mirrors file that better
> suits your needs (/usr/share/doc/up2date-4.3.19/mirrors.txt)

That is an appropriate workaround, of course. Thanks for the pointer.

> 3) Use yum, since you seem to prefer it.  That doesn't mean up2date
> should be removed.

Choice is good, indeed. Another question is the availability of
development resources. May be more efficient to concentrate on yum for
fedora and on up2date for REL / RHN (where it works very nice for
years).

Peter