Re: Cannot install FC2

Some more info.. Just for ?GEE Whizz I moved the CD Rom to the primary IDE with the HDD. The HDD is master and the CD is slave.  No help.

I realized that I did have a self boot disc and hunted it up.  It is a copy of KNOPPIX that runs from the CD and it fired up just fine.

Hope some of this helps.  Maybe It would be better if I ordered a copy of the Fedora FC2 if it is available on the internet.  Maybe the whole problem is with the CD's I made?????

zuki269@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
!. the CD rom iis an IDe unit
2. It is on the secondary IDE controller
3. It is on an IDE controller
4. The only thing I have you could call self booting is a game.  If I have anything else I don't know what it is.
5. I tried it with my beer stein but it kept breaking the holder off so I stopped using it. However the CD has some age on it. Not sure about the speed but is not real fast.

ceubank@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

That would depend on whether you have the CDROM drive installed on a tertiary IDE controller (IDE2), or on a SCSI bus that you can’t normally boot from.

  1. Is the CDROM a SCSI device?
  2. Is the CDROM on the Primary or Secondary IDE controller?
  3. Is the CDROM on a controller not listed in 2.?
  4. Can you boot any other bootable CD’s from the suspect CDROM drive?
  5. Did you use your CDROM drive as a coffee cup holder at some point? Hehehe

Good luck,

Chris

Chris Eubank

***Any opinions contained in this e-mail message are solely that of the author and do not in any way, directly or indirectly, represent my employer, real or imagined.

***Caution, *nix powered air conditioner, do not open windows!