Re: Documentation of services

> On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 17:39:19 +0100, James Wilkinson
> <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Nifty Hat Mitch wrote:
> > > First off, run these from a  command line:
> > >
> > >    # service --status-all
> > >  and
> > >    # chkconfig --list
> > >
> > > This will give you a list of all the services and their status.
> > >
> > > IMO, We should not have to look at the scripts.  If you find something
> > > in the output of these two that does not have a man page post a
> > > question here.  (man -k something; apropos something).
> > >
> > > Those of us that know what the service is should answer and one of us
> > > should bugzilla a man page request.  With a little discussion we
> > > should be able to discover what it is that people need to know and
> > > some context to make the description and discussion in the new man
> > > page valuable to the new user.

Well there is the Gnome Services app system-config-services and that
provides a list of the services as well as a summary of a service you
select (not all of them have summaries, and some that do are rather
cryptic, but that's a different matter). If you want a text ui to this,
then I suppose it wouldn't be that difficult.