Re: Authentication: NIS vs LDAP

depends on the app and what server you have.  At my workplace, all the
HR and IS stuff is LDAP authenticated.  the only things that aren't is
Oracle CorporateTime (because we can't get under the covers) and other
Oracle Financials products (same issue).

Everything else is ldap authenticated - logins, kerberos, https +
login, all of our custom HR applications, bug system, ticket system,
EVERYTHING.

   - Kevin