[OT] Re: Inappropriate content in Fedora Core 2

On Fri, 2004-08-06 at 13:01 -0700, Kenneth Porter wrote:

> God forbid they find out about the process that created them! Why don't we
> just start requiring veils and robes, lest we offend the more conservative
> folk? The images in question are just bits and photons!

Yes, but in this case the bits and photons add up to form the names of
genitalia, which IMO is inappropriate as a default screensaver  without
any warning in a general-purpose distro. I don't think someone who
decided some glsnake shape looked like an erect phallus should be the
one deciding when and where someone else's kid is going to "find out
about the process that created them".