Re: Inappropriate content in Fedora Core 2

Keith Hunt wrote:

On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 14:53:11 +0100, Rui Miguel Seabra <rms@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Fri, 2004-08-06 at 07:37 -0600, Christopher A. Williams wrote:

2) Moral Harassment, as Rui defines it, is not harassment under the law
in the US. We do not have the right to act indecently in situations
where it imposes on the rights of others to not view our acts. Put
another way, what you do in your bedroom is pretty much your business,
but you don't have the right to do "your business" where others would
have no choice but to watch you.

When the morals or definitions of indecency of others are imposed on me, they're morally harassing me. I don't care that the law doesn't cover it _yet_. I an only hope it does one day.

4) Free speech does *not* protect you from the willful display of
inappropriate conduct in the workplace - by anyone's definition of
inappropriate.

Conduct is not speech. But including perfectly normal words on speech is, no matter what people like or not. And it is protected everywhere in the USA, even while wearing a t-shirt reading: Fuck This Court while on trial.

===============================
"Our lives begin to end the day we
become silent about things that matter."

hmms...

-- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

-- + No matter how much you do, you never do enough -- unknown + Whatever you do will be insignificant, | but it is very important that you do it -- Gandhi + So let's do it...?

Get off your soapbox and have some consideration for the sensibilities
of others.  These images are not about free speech, they are just
juvenile.  Sneaking these into a screensaver as a joke reminds me of
something a twelve-year old would snicker about.  Beavis and Butthead
material.

Home vs work is not the issue either -- don't any of you folks have
children?  I'm supposed to sit there for an hour and watch each
morphing screensaver image to ensure there is nothing I don't want my
young daughter (or son) to see?  Sure, I can just use a blank screen
-- now that I know.  It just never occurred to me that I would need to
be on the lookout for this.

jeez its only a penis, who cares if they see it, they will either have one of there own to see everyday, or learn about in biology class, its hardly going to damage them for life.