Re: FC2 and Serial ATA

always load the driver later in the kernel boot process and then mount the
drives..

He should have to compile the drivers for most SATA controllers. They come with FC2. Now if you had used FC2, you might have know this. See your other post.

who exactly are you talking to? I run FC2, but have never made any statements about what version of fedora I run.. Most drivers SHOULD be built, but does that mean they are the best ones to run?

that it was sd? then hd? then sd? again..  For all I know, it only flipped
once... or maybe it flipped 200 times.

So you are providing advice based on hearsay and rumor. That really helps him. Again if you had first hand experience with FC2, you would have been much better at answering these questions.

And stating so. Are you on your period?

They have been fixed. As I said the installing to Silicon Image controller FC2 got broken just before release. It had worked before that.