FC2 and Serial ATA

We are in the process of upgrading some of our servers.  I am interested in
adding some serial ata drives into machines that currently are running
ATA100.

I have read some comments on this list concerning problems with serial ata and
fc2.  I do not plan on booting off the SATA drives, just using them for
additional data storage.

The motherboards are all KM400 based.  Most are DFI KM400 with onboard serial
ata as well as standard ata 100/133.

What I really need to know is this:

1.  What (if any) are the problems with serial ata drives in fc2
2.  Will I get around these problems by just using them for storage and not
for booting or running programs?
3.  What is the likelihood of these problems being fixed in fc3?
4.  Are there any issues with using large >132GB hard drives in fc2 (either
ATA100 or SATA)?