Re: FC2 and Serial ATA

- generally, if you're going to use on-board SATA, don't use IDE too.

I've never had any problem mixing them.. but this was on the 2.4.x line of kernels.. I've not had to deal with SATA in 2.6

2) Using SATA for storage should work fine. They show up as /dev/hd{e,g} for me, although I've had two installs recently be recognized as /dev/sd{a,b}, which I'm still trying to track down the cause of. Did something change in a recent update?

see previous thread.. after some kernel release they changed from IDE to SCSI device driver