Re: Using 2.4 Kernel instead of 2.6

Jim Cornette wrote:
> You have the change /dev/input/mice to /dev/psaux in order for the mouse
> to work in the xorg.conf file.
>
> It works for me with an upgraded FC1 to FC2 system.  Also, you need to
> change it back when you want to switch back to a 2.6 kernel.
>
> JIm
This depends on the sort of mouse you use. That's correct for PS/2, but
IIRC, you have to specify the appropriate serial port for serial mice,
and I believe /dev/input/mice worked for USB mice. (But it's been a
while since I ran 2.4 on a system with a mouse...)

James.

--
E-mail address: james@ | "If God intended us to fly, he wouldn't have
westexe.demon.co.uk    | invented Spanish air traffic control."