Re: gmail invite for anyone that can answer question

Jose Moreno wrote:
thanks for answering. I'll be happy to send you the gvite, if you want.

Jose, that would be great! Thanks! :-)

i burned the kernel.xxx.xx.rpm on to the cd.
when i mount the CD and run a dir... i see it there.
i can't seem to figure out how to load it and i need to in order to
correct a freezing issue.

i have Fedora Core loaded but need to update the kernel.
tired updating using the yum command but it did not update to the
kernel that i need.
thanks

If you have mounted the CDROM, go the directory where your RPM is located, and do this:

# rpm -ivh kernel-[version-number-goes-here].rpm

This will install the kernel and preserve the old one, just in case the
new kernel won't work on your hardware.
It is automatically added to the GRUB boot menu and next time you boot
you can select it in the GRUB menu.
If the new kernel is not selected by default, let me know and I will
walk you thru changing it to the default kernel.

Let me know if everything went well.

Cheers,
Hannes.