FC1 va nVidia Latest Driver

Just want to be sure. The instructions from nVidia are not real precise
on the point of exiting X and/or booting to something other than
runlevel 5.

Is the a key stroke/combination to exit X in FC2? And, to set my default
runlevel do I only need to edit my /etc/inittab lines:

     id:5:initdefault: (changing 5 to 3)
     x:5:respawn:/etc/X11/prefdm -nodaemon (changing 5 to 3)

As I recall I can leave the runlevel at 3 and use 'startx' to Start X
until which time I am satisfied with the driver installation?

If there is something I am missing I would like to get it before I start
on this installation. I remember when I used IBM OS/2 Warp and upgrading
to faster video driver incorrectly could really do a number on a system.

--
Thanks for your support,

GregS <><
gswallow@xxxxxxxxxx