Re: FC1 va nVidia Latest Driver

Greg Swallow wrote:
> Is the a key stroke/combination to exit X in FC2? And, to set my default
> runlevel do I only need to edit my /etc/inittab lines:
>
>      id:5:initdefault: (changing 5 to 3)
>      x:5:respawn:/etc/X11/prefdm -nodaemon (changing 5 to 3)

Well, ctrl-alt-backspace will exit the current X session. However, due
to the respawn in the line you quoted, init will immediately restart X.

To change the default runlevel, you only need to change the first line
you quoted. Changing the second line will start X in runlevel 3!

To switch to run level 3 temporarily, run telinit 3 as root.

HTH,

James.

--
E-mail address: james@ | NT is a one-legged cow, but even a one legged cow is
westexe.demon.co.uk    | fast when it's got 160+ rockets strapped to it.