/dev/pilot link actually needed it or not but know it would do no hard to do both.
I did my M515 and went for the direct /dev/ttyUSB1 , in my case Evolution was my intended sync applicatiom.
Sods law had you only doign the one it did not matter and missing the other but that's life.
On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 10:14:04 -0400, Norman LeCouvie <lecouvie@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks to Ben for the extra info.
Regards Roger

GOT IT!

IT WORKS, THANKS!

I deleted the pilot file from dev and then did the commands again and it
worked fine, thanks,

norm

Ben Steeves wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: Norman LeCouvie <lecouvie@xxxxxxx>

Sorry,
I don't understand, I am a newbie to this. Actually I sort of
understand, but not fully

Since you have a Tungsten, the following should work for you (as root):

chmod 666 /dev/ttyUSB*
ln -s /dev/ttyUSB1 /dev/pilot

That's all that should be needed.  You can check your connectivity by
doing the following:

ps auwx | grep gpil | grep -v grep | awk '{print "kill " $2}' | sh
pilot-xfer -p /dev/pilot -l

The first command will kill off any running gpilotd processes, which
will prevent pilot-xfer from picking up when you issue the second
command, which will print a list of all the databases on your
handheld.

-- Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/