Re: X lock / crash + slowdowns - fc2

Gene Smith wrote:
> Graphic card: GeForce3 Ti 200
> No proprietary stuff.
>
> Here again is how the "slowdown" works. While typing this I
> highlighted/selected "No proprietary stuff" above with mouse. I then
> clicked somewhere on this page which removed the selection. I tried to
> type something. What I typed did not appear until about 10-15 seconds.
> After that response was normal.

Is that reproducable? What mail client are you using?

Could you try doing the same thing while you have vmstat 2 running (as
root) in another terminal? Does the vmstat output pause? When the pause
finishes, do you get seven or more lines being printed, or just one?

Can you post the output?

Thanks,

James.

--
E-mail address: james@ | "I've never understood the appeal of "Big Bother" - I
westexe.demon.co.uk    | guess having lived for 3 years in a house shared with