Re: X lock / crash + slowdowns - fc2

James Wilkinson wrote, On 6/25/2004 8:17 AM:

Gene Smith wrote:

Graphic card: GeForce3 Ti 200
No proprietary stuff.

Here again is how the "slowdown" works. While typing this I highlighted/selected "No proprietary stuff" above with mouse. I then clicked somewhere on this page which removed the selection. I tried to type something. What I typed did not appear until about 10-15 seconds. After that response was normal.

Is that reproducable? What mail client are you using?

Mozilla Mail

Could you try doing the same thing while you have vmstat 2 running (as root) in another terminal? Does the vmstat output pause? When the pause finishes, do you get seven or more lines being printed, or just one?

Can you post the output?

I will try this when I get home with and w/o ipv6 let you know what I see.

Thanks,

James.

Inhibiting the loading of the ipv6 kernel module seems to have significantly helped the slowdown in moz mail. Also, it seems to have fixed another somewhat annoying pause: After shutting down all apps in kde and going to the panel (which I keep hidden) to access the logout icon, the panel would refuse to "pop-up" for several seconds with the mouse over it. Without the ipv6 module, it seems to pop-up immediately after shutting down all apps. (Never saw pop-up delay with apps just running.)

-gene

--
Lit up like Levy's