Re: Updates Killed Gnome FC2?

On Mon, 2004-05-24 at 21:20, Christopher K. Johnson wrote:

> I did what you did with the exception of not having kde installed at
> all, so no kdelibs or kdelibs-devel updates applied.  And mine still
> works fine with several reboots and logins.
>
> My suggestions are to verify you do not have selinux enabled, and to
> repeat your test without the kdelibs* updates.

I'll try the above. I didn't enable the SElinux during the install. It
is disabled by default right?

I've also installed on my desktop and the updates did not cause this
problem. I don't under stand how hardware could cause this but it seems
to be the only explanation. A configuration specific to the laptop (Dell
Inspiron 5100) causes gnome to fail rather spectacularly.

I do remember that a message claiming that themes had not been found or
something flashed up the very first login but not lately.

Thanks

--
Adam Cooper <adam.j.cooper@xxxxxxxxxxxx>