Re: Updates Killed Gnome FC2?

Adam Cooper wrote:

Hi, before I start, any an all relevant logs are attached.

I decided to do a fresh install of FC2 rather then upgrade. Hey it's
gotta be easier, right? Installed the OS then booted into my new account
(not root). Everything is fine and dandy. I let up2date do it's thing
with these new fangled mirror selection functions. This is what it got:

up2date installing packages: 'cvs-1.11.15-6'
'gaim-0.77-7'
'kdelibs-3.2.2-6'
'kdelibs-devel-3.2.2-6'
'libgnome-2.6.0-3'
'libgnome-devel-2.6.0-3'
'nfs-utils-1.0.6-22'

I'm running this on a laptop so I have it off overnight. In the morning

Perhaps this is unrelated, because that AUDIT entry is not in my log and sounds suspiciously like selinux is on.
I did what you did with the exception of not having kde installed at all, so no kdelibs or kdelibs-devel updates applied. And mine still works fine with several reboots and logins.

My suggestions are to verify you do not have selinux enabled, and to repeat your test without the kdelibs* updates.

  Chris Johnson, RHCE #807000448202021