Re: Problems getting 2 NICs to work.

Okay... now I've gotten a good bit further.

I have eth0 configured without a gateway and with the AT&T ip.
I've got a virtual int named eth01 without a gateway with the Sprint IP
I've configured /etc/iproute2/rt_tables with the standard setup for split access between providers.

Now that is the same thing that I had when it was on two separate eth interfaces. I now have this working. The only problem is that it doesn't seem to like the fact that I put the "ip route add default via ..." statement in the rt_tables file so I had to re-enter it upon reboot. I tried using the GATEWAY and GATEWAYDEV options in the /etc/sysconfig/networks file but that doesn't work as the full sytax isn't there.

Where should I be placing the default route statement so it survives reboot?

Also, how is it that this is working since you didn't think it could? Did I leave out that the two ISPs live on the same switch plane on my publis network? That should allow for separate net segments over the same card since neither one has a gateway.

I checked it from traces and pings at an external source and it's working...

Thanks and WTF???????

++ Kevin Kimmell + kevin_AT_dynamictrend.com + Dynamic Trend, Inc. ++