Re: motherboard decision help

Don't know about dual channel memory, but will watch this thread to learn more....

I have had personal experience with hardware parallel RAID and have done research on SATA. If you've got Promise RAID chipsets, forget about it, none of them play well with Linux.

A pretty good summary which should tell you more than my humble experiences here is provided in the following link. Myself, I'll be doing 3WARE SATA controllers going forward, which is TRUE hardware RAID and has excellent Linux support, while SATA technology keeps my hard drive costs to a minimum. MicronPC has some intel based RAID mobo solutions that should work as well, but haven't tested them.

	http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Hardware/sata.html

Let me know how you go, I'd like to follow anything like this, as I'm often putting servers together on a modest budget.

Regards,

BC