Re: Xmms 1.2.10 from Livna.org

On Sat, 2004-03-27 at 17:26, Dams wrote:

> Without more informations we cant do much for you, i think.

Well, How can I find out more about whats causing the problem?
When I run xmms from terminal su - it works perfectly.
When run as user from terminal, the whole system comes to a grinding
holt as if something is using all of the resources, I can't even use the
keyboard to try switch terminals or kill the process.
The system hacks very badly causing me to hit the reset button, I waited
15 minutes last time for response from the mouse, but it just hangs
there. There is hdd LED activity but its slow and inconsistent.
I did uninstall xmms on the next reboot. tried installing from different
rpms and repositories but get the same results, thus eliminating the
rpms and repos as the problem.

Question is where to from here, How does one find the prob and fix?

Any suggestions will be much appreciated.
Thanks

--
Chadley - Linux Rocks
Welcome to my world.