Re: Xmms 1.2.10 from Livna.org

Am Sa, den 27.03.2004 schrieb Chadley Wilson um 18:31:
> On Sat, 2004-03-27 at 17:26, Dams wrote:
>

> > Without more informations we cant do much for you, i think.
>
> Well, How can I find out more about whats causing the problem?
> When I run xmms from terminal su - it works perfectly.
> When run as user from terminal, the whole system comes to a grinding
> holt as if something is using all of the resources, I can't even use the
> keyboard to try switch terminals or kill the process.
> The system hacks very badly causing me to hit the reset button, I waited
> 15 minutes last time for response from the mouse, but it just hangs
> there. There is hdd LED activity but its slow and inconsistent.
> I did uninstall xmms on the next reboot. tried installing from different
> rpms and repositories but get the same results, thus eliminating the
> rpms and repos as the problem.
>
> Question is where to from here, How does one find the prob and fix?
>
> Any suggestions will be much appreciated.
> Thanks

> Chadley - Linux Rocks
> Welcome to my world.

I bet you made freeky settings for xmms. Being inside your user's home
directory run "mv .xmms old.xmms". Then start xmms as user. Now it's
working properly, right? Else, post which xmms packages you have
installed from which sources.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl
Sirendipity 19:07:33 up 8 days, 3:49, load average: 1.33, 1.12, 1.03
                   [ ÎÎÏÎÎ Ï'ÎÏÏÎÎ - gnothi seauton ]