Re: Package installation in Fedora

Apostolos George Fertis wrote:
Hello,

Thank you very much for the information on up2date. I managed to run this
command. The only problem was with the perl package, which could not be
downloaded.

I have another problem. I try to install some packages from the development
tools section, but I get the message: "Package not found The following package
could not be found on your system. Installation cannot continue until it is
installed. The unlocated package is libxml2 and it is required by
('libxml-puthon','2.6.6','3'). Do you know how to fix this?

Apostolos

I don't know if there is a problem with the libxml* rpms or what but I could not use yum to update teh libxml stuff either. This was on two machines. I ended up having to manually download the rpms and update them manually.

This is one problem that I found with yum in that if there is a problem with one package, yum update dies. On two occasions it died and said a package was updated but wasn't. On two different machines.

I don't have my notes here about which particular package it was.

-- Robin Laing