Re: Package installation in Fedora

Am Do, den 25.03.2004 schrieb Apostolos Fertis um 22:35:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to ask you how to fix the bug that does not allow me to
> install or update packages in Fedora. I was told that I can either install
> the bug fixes from the Fedora errata site, but I cannot find them. I was
> also told that I can change a redhat-config-packages file, which I cannot
> find also. Can you provide me with more accurate information please?

About which bug are you speaking that prevents you from installation or
updating packages?

> Thank you very much in advance!
>
> Best regards,
>
> Apostolos Fertis

You may read
 http://fedoranews.org/contributors/alexander_dalloz/mirror/

on how to set up up2date or yum. After setting one of those up you can
easily update packages (bug fixing packages) or just install additional
packages online. On how to use these tools please see their manpages.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl
Sirendipity 22:46:23 up 6 days, 7:28, load average: 0.39, 0.31, 0.22
                   [ ÎÎÏÎÎ Ï'ÎÏÏÎÎ - gnothi seauton ]