Re: Acroread Problem

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004, Tom 'Needs A Hat' Mitchell wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 09:49:11PM -0500, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> >
> > As another poster pointed out, you can change what app gets loaded (and
> > whether it's swallowed) in /etc/mozpluggerrc.
>
> Is there a per user mozpluggerrc protocol?
>
> It looks like:
>
>   cp /etc/mozpluggerrc ~/.mozilla/mozpluggerrc
>
> is the first safe step in debugging this.

>From the mozplugger man page:

CONFIGURE FILE
       You  can  configure  mozplugger by changing the file mozpluggerrc which
       can be located in any of the following directories:

            $HOME/.netscape/
            $HOME/.opera/
            $MOZILLA_HOME/
            $OPERA_HOME/
            /usr/local/netscape/mozpluggerrc
            /etc/mozpluggerrc
            /usr/etc/mozpluggerrc
            /usr/local/etc/mozpluggerrc

etc...

I would have thought $HOME/.mozilla and $HOME/.phoenix (presumably
eventually $HOME/.firefox) would be naturals for this list, but for
some reason, they're not there.

HTH.

> I also see ~/.mozilla/pluginreg.dat on this system and wondered
> how to regenerate it and what the sources of data are.

BUGS
       You  have to remove ~/.netscape/plugin-list or ~/.mozilla/pluginreg.dat
       after changing the configuration, or nothing will  happen.  This  is  a
       netscape bug, not a MozPlugger bug.

> I also noted that plugger has changed names to mozplugger
> (mozplugger-1.5.1.tar.gz) and wonder what might happen if
> both were on the system.
>
>     "MozPlugger was branched out from Plugger 4.0 in February 2003 by
>     Louis Bavoil. Now, its code is much smaller and cleaner (no .c
>     #include for instance)."

No idea there. FC1 is at mozplugger-1.3.2-1 in any case.

> And for the older plugger I see an answer to one of my own questions:
> http://mozplugger.mozdev.org/
>
>     "Notes:
>     "* You may need to delete your local $HOME/.mozilla/pluginreg.dat
>     file for mozplugger to be enabled correctly. (It will get
>     regenerated).
>     "* To add more helpers, edit /etc/mozpluggerrc. The window name
>     can be obtained using the utility xprop(1x). Type "xprop WM_CLASS"
>     and click on a window."
>
> Hmmm they have people editing /etc/mozpluggerrc so make a backup...

Or edit something else on the above list.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu