Re: Acroread Problem

On or about 2004-03-15 14:06, Clint whipped out a trusty #2 pencil and scribbled:

If this is unresolvable, how I can I tell Mozilla to use xpdf as the default pdf viewer?

I don't know about the error buit to you can change to xpdf is the preferences of Mozilla.

I wasn't able to find a solution to why Acroread chokes in Mozilla, but works fine otherwise, so I removed it by

rpm -e acroread

and then made sure the nppdf.so plugin was removed from /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins

and restarted mozilla and xpdf is now back to being the default pdf viewer.

I really liked acroread, but I couldn't tolerate it not functioning in Mozilla.

If you really liked Acroread, you can re-install it. As long as you remove the plug-in, Mozilla will honor your choice of an external "helper" app, like xpdf. The problem is, that IF there's a plugin installed that can handle a file, then Mozilla will happily ignore your attempts to set up a helper app to handle it. You might even discover that Acroread will work as an external helper app. But at least then you can have your choice.

--
Fritz Whittington
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes ...