Acroread Problem

I'm having a problem with Acroread. I installed it following the instructions found at artoo, and it has worked without any problems until recently. I'm suspecting some update I've run is interfering with it now. When I browse with Mozilla 1.6 to a pdf file online, Acroread stops with the pop-up error message:

"There was an error opening this document. No such file or directory."

A blank Acroread application window is open in the bottom right-hand corner of the browser.

I have checked that there is indeed a pdf file at the location, by using wget. Then I can easily open it using either xpdf or Acroread locally. So the problem seems to be with Mozilla and Acroread.

Is anyone experiencing similar symptoms?

If this is unresolvable, how I can I tell Mozilla to use xpdf as the default pdf viewer?

Thanks,
Clint

--
Clint <clint@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>