Re: spamassassin/user_prefs

Charles Howse wrote:

jdow has pointed me to a page with custom rulesets:
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/CustomRulesets
but I'm still interested in comments or generic settings for my ~/.spamassassin/user_prefs file. Anyone care to share?

I'm not sure there really are any generic settings in user_prefs. The entire point of user_prefs is for user specific custom settings.

One thing I always do, however, with a new install of SA is to set any tests which have negative scores to zero. The spammers are no longer stupid, and they know SA is used in many servers so deliberately target SA. If there's a way to reduce the SA score they will exploit it, so I remove the negative scores before they get a chance. One specific case was when SA assigned a negative score to a Subject: field with Re: in it. How many spams now have Re: in the subject?

-- Nigel Wade, System Administrator, Space Plasma Physics Group, University of Leicester, Leicester, LE1 7RH, UK E-mail : nmw@xxxxxxxxxxxx Phone : +44 (0)116 2523548, Fax : +44 (0)116 2523555