spamassassin/user_prefs

Hi,

While reading another thread, I remembered I had no custom preferences for
spamassassin, and decided to create some.

I use the default settings for starting spamassassin at boot, and the
following filters in KMail:
1. In KMail menus, select Settings->Configure Filters
2. Create a new filter with filter criteria:
    <any header> matches regular expression .
    (the regular expression is just the character "." meaning
    "any character")
    and filter action:
    pipe through spamc
    Uncheck the box "stop processing if this filter matches"
3. Add a second filter below the one created in step 2, with criteria:
    <any header> contains X-Spam-Flag: YES
    and action:
    move to folder trash
    (or whatever you want to do with your spam)
    check the "stop processing..." box

These filters are working fine, with the exception of those html spams with
all the random words in the body when viewed in text mode.

I was just wondering if anyone would like to share some _generic_ preferences
for ~/.spamassassin/user_prefs, or comment.

Here are my *very simple* prefs.  Email addresses are hidden for privacy, some
lines may wrap:

# SpamAssassin user preferences file.  See 'perldoc Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf'
# for details of what can be tweaked.

# How many hits before a mail is considered spam.
# required_hits		5

# Whitelist and blacklist addresses are now file-glob-style patterns, so
# "friend@xxxxxxxxxxxxx", "*@isp.com", or "*.domain.net" will all work.
# whitelist_from	someone@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
whitelist_from	(hidden for privacy)
whitelist_from	(hidden for privacy)
whitelist_from	(hidden for privacy)
whitelist_from	(hidden for privacy)
whitelist_from	(hidden for privacy)
whitelist_from	(hidden for privacy)
whitelist_from	(hidden for privacy)

# Add your own customised scores for some tests below.  The default scores are
# read from the installed spamassassin rules files, but you can override them
# here.  To see the list of tests and their default scores, go to
# http://spamassassin.org/tests.html .
#
# score SYMBOLIC_TEST_NAME n.nn
score MICROSOFT_EXECUTABLE 5

# Speakers of Asian languages, like Chinese, Japanese and Korean, will almost
# definitely want to uncomment the following lines.  They will switch off some
# rules that detect 8-bit characters, which commonly trigger on mails using
CJK
# character sets, or that assume a western-style charset is in use.
#
# score HTML_COMMENT_8BITS	0
# score UPPERCASE_25_50		0
# score UPPERCASE_50_75		0