Re: connecting to a winxp box

On Sun, 2004-03-21 at 23:48, Chadley Wilson wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-03-21 at 22:29, Aaron wrote:
> > Hi all and esp Chadley.
> >
> > I need his shared dir on his computer.
> > What will it be called on his computer?
> >
> It will be called whatecer he has called it.
> he has it on his F partition how do I set that in my linux box? Also what do I do with Windows names with spaces?

one directory he shared is F/musicshare
the other is c/aag

I try mounting the destination directory and get a prompt that only root
can mount it.

I try mounting as root and the connection times out.

Does his firewall effect this? He shut it off and I still failed to
connect.

I don't have windows but will send it along to my friend.

I now understand the win end.