Re: Palm sync

Mitch,
I checked out the link you sent me and double checked everything.

I did, ln -s /dev/ttyS0 /dev/pilot

I chmod dev/pilot 666 and checked the files properties to verify

I set gnome pilot to use dev/pilot

When I log in as root I can sync ok. When I log out of root and in as user I cannot sync.
Any ideas as to what else could it be?
Mark

Have a look at this post: http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-March/msg00144.html Also, search the archives. Lots of info there. Follow the link at the bottom of this message. msjones773 wrote:

I was able to get my Handera palm to sync with gnome pilot through my serial port as root. When I log in as user gnome pilot does not reconise my palm. I chmod dev/pilot 666 but no luck. When I go to the file /dev/pilot it says link broken. Not sure what that means. What should I try in order to get my palm to sync as user?
Thanks
Mark

-- Mitch Wiedemann mc² Computer Consulting mc2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.lightlink.com/mc2