Re: email servers

> Hi all,
>
> I have been experiencing email problems, I found out from a friend that
> my ISP has changed a lot of settings (due to the various worms and
> viruses.
>
> He setup his own mail server on his doze box. I thought to do the same
> so when I installed FC1 I checked email server.
>
> But I still have no clue what I installed I gather sendmail.
>
> For a newbie is the a good choice or should I be using something else.
>
> This is more a get my feet wet experience than anything else, but I do
> want to come out of this with some 'email servering' skills and a system
> that works.
>
> suggestions
>
> thanks
> Aaron

I followed this howto to get my first email server running in redhat, and it
should also work for fedora:

http://www.linuxhomenetworking.com/linux-hn/sendmail.htm

That site has a lot of good information on setting up different linux apps.

They also have a fedora section, but it is a pay thing, but only $5.00 per
PDF.

Good luck

Rob