Re: FC1 as a server

Michael Gargiullo wrote:

On Thu, 2004-02-26 at 08:25, Fredrik Holmberg wrote:

What are your experiences on running Fedora (Core 1) as a server, in comparison to the former Red Hat 9 (Shrike)?

--
Regards,
Fredrik Holmberg

We actually use it in several dozen servers without incident. We maybe the exception though. We also run the SMP kernel without a problem. We have it running on dual AMD systems, Dual Intel, and Dual Intel Xeon boxes. We did have one boot problem on the dual xeon box, but we have it running on one of the mail gateways, and it handles everything nicely.

Have you done either a minimum install or a full install??

My minimum install is stable with SMP but my workstation install is not..