Re: Is SMP stability any better?

M A Young wrote:

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004, Keven Ring wrote:

Reading the bug report, *most* people seem to think that it is related
to NFS/SMB mounts. So, this morning, I NFS mounted a drive. I'll let
you know in a couple of days... :)

More precisely it seems to be related to how often you mount and umount remote file systems. You might be okay with a one-off nfs mount. The bug still seems to be there with the 2174 FC1 kernel, though there was apparently another SMP bug fixed at around 2166.

	Michael Young

The SMP bug has been there in every kernel version since FC1 was released..