Re: FC1 as a server but NOT HP Proliant

yavorsky gaetan wrote:

fred smith a écrit :

On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 03:45:43PM +0100, yavorsky gaetan wrote:

Hi,
It's working but ...
If it's a critical production environment, and if you plan to contract support whith HP, forget it !
I do have a problem with a G3 server which crash after 2 weeks in production mode.
Since I have an other G3 as office server which run perfectly, I'm quite sure that it's a hardware problem, and I have standard 3 years garanty from HP.
So I called them, and I have been told that they don't care about my problem because of FC1 !!!!!!!!
They just told me to install RH8 which is the last "open" release supported, or to by RedHat ES3 !.
Not really what I expected from such a company ! ( why do not install WFW3.11 ??? )

If somebody has an other feed back HP, please let me know !
Regards.
Gaetan Yavorsky.

The machine should have come with a "smart start" CDRM. On my proliant (DL-320 G2) that CDis bootable, and it contains a full set of hardware
diagnostics. I suggest you dig it out, boot it, and let the diagnostics
run overnight or over a weekend

I did it and it didn't report anything :-\
Anyway, It's a ML350-G3, 1,5 Go ECCC, Smart Array with 2x36 Go Raid 1 which acts as a firewall ( Iptables & webmin module )
The only diff with my office server, is that this system has 2 x 32 bits PCI 10/100 Eth card from CNET ( RealTek 81399too ), One is on the 32 bit pci bus and the other one is on the 64 bit pci bus ( thince I just have one pci 32 available on this machine )
I don't know if it is important ...
Gaetan Yavorsky

I would think that two similar cards would conflict with each other for the same IRQ. Maybe installing two unsimilar cards that use different IRQs would not cause any conflicts.

Just a guess,

Jim

--
You work very hard.  Don't try to think as well.