Re: Fedora <-> kde

Darrell Esau wrote:
On Saturday 24 January 2004 2:50 am, Kevin Francis wrote:

Bluecurve IS a GNOME theme. KDE's new Plastik is the official KDE theme
now -- there isn't any favourtism. Redhat's tools are GTK, hence they
made a good default. Once the new KDE comes out, you won't complain
anymore :)

That is the exact favoritism that Steve is referring to.

Bluecurve is NOT just a GNOME theme, but many people seem to think so.. and for good reason. Bluecurve is essentially a GNOME theme that they hacked onto KDE.

I'm not against merging the two DE's look and feel, however it would be nice if they would put the same amount of polish into the KDE changes as they do into GNOME.

Of course, I understand that this will never happen because they've chosen GNOME, etc, etc.. Still -- it would be nice if FC (being more "open" than RHL), would be more impartial to the two DE's.

-d

There is a feature that KDE has and GNOME does not in the current development mix. KDE has menus and GNOME does not.

This gave me a chance to use KDE a bit until the menus get fixed with GNOME.

I like having both window-managers around and use software that is developed within both managers.

KDE applications/file managers seem to work better connecting to windows than nautilus and GNOME tools do.

I like GNOME over KDE because it seems less cartoonish and less windows cloned than KDE used to seem to me. KDE seems to be getting better polished and I like having both available for picking whichever I'd like to use at the time.

I think both KDE and GNOME are getting attention from the developers and both are improving.

I would like to see bluecurve becoming an option or a tertiary windows manager that works well with both KDE and GNOME, instead of a merging of the two managers into one interface.

Jim